I am a victim of a crime. Can I drop the charges?
The decision to drop charges in a criminal prosecution is made by the prosecutor. The victim has the right to let the prosecutor know their feelings, however the victim’s wishes alone do not decide if a case will be filed or dismissed.

To share your feelings with the prosecutor or ask other questions about your rights as a victim, please call 218-327-2867 to contact the Victim Assistance Coordinator.

Show All Answers

1. Can I report a crime to the County Attorney’s Office?
2. How do I find an attorney to represent me?
3. I am a resident of Itasca County. Can the County Attorney’s Office help me with a legal problem?
4. I am a victim of a crime. Can I drop the charges?
5. I am a victim of a crime. How can I be compensated for my loss?
6. What should I do if I receive a subpoena?
7. Where can I find legal forms for my court case?
8. Why are some defendants not in jail after they have been arrested and charged?