- Recorder's Office
- Vital Records
- Birth Certificates
Order InstructionsInstructions for ordering a birth certificate:
- Print out the Birth Certificate Application (PDF).
- Complete the Birth Certificate Application form.
- If completing by mail have your signature notarized and mail with appropriate fees to:
Itasca County Recorder
123 NE 4th Street
Grand Rapids MN 55744
- Make checks payable to the Itasca County Recorder.
Birth Certificate Fee
- 1 Certified Birth Certificate is $26 - Additional copy purchased at the same time $19
- 1 Non-Certified Birth Certificate is $13 - Additional copy purchased at the same time is $6
Order by Fax or EmailTo order by fax or email and pay online:
- Print and complete the application form legibly. Please include your telephone number with area code.
- Have your signature notarized with a notary seal that can be read by fax or a scanned image.
- Itasca County offers credit/debit card payments (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) through Official Payments Corporation. You will be charged a service fee for the use of this service.
Statement of IdentityIf you do not have valid identification, a Statement of Identity form (PDF) can be filled out by someone who does have valid identification and that has known you for more than 2 years. If applying other than in person, this form would need to be notarized.
Fax the completed notarized Birth Application form and Official Payments Confirmation to 218-327-0689 or email to Chris.Rima-Carlson@co.itasca.mn.us.