Permit to Carry
Permit to Carry requirements include:
- Must have training certificate issued by a certified instructor (within one year of certificate date).
- Must have current driver's license, state identification card or passport as photo identification and have completed the application.
- A completed application form must be signed and dated by the applicant in person.
- There is a $100 fee for new applicants, $75 for renewals (90-0 BEFORE expiration), and $85 for renewals (1-30 AFTER expiration)
- Must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm.
- Not listed in the criminal gang investigative data system under section 299C.091.
- Must be 21 years of age and a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
- Carry permits are good for 5 years. Every five years you must take the Minnesota training class again and fill out a new application. You may renew your Permit to Carry 0-90 days before expiration.
- Statute allows the Itasca County Sheriff's Office 30 days to issue your permit.
- Out of state residents may take the Minnesota training and apply anywhere in the State of Minnesota.
Permit to Carry Application