WIC participants receive:
- Breastfeeding information
- Infants may receive iron-fortified formula
- Nutrition and health information
- Nutritious foods like milk, cheese, eggs, whole grains, fruits and vegetables
- Referrals to health and social services
WIC serves pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants and children up to age five. WIC is free to those who qualify and working families are encouraged to apply.
Eligible populations must also meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be able to use the foods and formulas provided
- Applicant must have a nutrition or health related need for the program
- Applicant must live in Itasca County
- Applicant must meet income guidelines
For more information on the program or to find the WIC program in your county, please call 800-WIC-4030. The Minnesota Department of Health's WIC website
also contains program information.
Along with the WIC Program located at the IRC Building
, you may schedule an appointment at the Deer River - King School location. It is open every 3rd Thursday of the month from 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome but appointments are encouraged.
Like us on Facebook for updates on current information involving the WIC program in Itasca County.