The first step to making a referral to the Children's Mental Health Division is to contact the Itasca County Intake Social Worker at 218-327-2941
Upon contact, the Intake Social Worker will:
- Take initial intake information.
- Provide information on agencies to obtain a diagnostic assessment.
- Receive supporting documentation from the schools, hospital, mental health professionals, and other pertinent sources
You may also reach out to other professionals for help such as:
- Classroom teacher
- County Social Worker
- Family physician
- Local Mental Health Agency
- Public Health
- Religious leader
- School administrator
- School Social Worker
Information Needed for Referrals
The following information will need to be provided to successfully complete a referral:
- A Mental Health Professional must complete a Children's Mental Health Case Management Referral based on a diagnostic assessment from the last 6 months. (Updates maybe requested if more information is needed)
- Fax a completed Children's Mental Health Intake Form (PDF) and current diagnostic assessment to the Itasca County Intake Social Worker at 218-327-5535
- The diagnostic assessment must meet all guidelines to bill Minnesota Health Care programs so should include a functional assessment. It should also include a CASII, SDQ, CAGE-AID or GAIN-SS.
- THE ONLINE FORM CAN BE USED TO MAKE A REFERRAL. It is located in the column to the left.